Shake, Rattle and Roll.
April 18, 2016
Well you can’t deny it. The boy Elvis certainly does shake, rattle and make an awful racket in that video.
Besides from this being completely hilarious, we wanted to share this with you because it’s pretty similar to how websites work.
Sounds crazy right?
Trust me on this one.
Both Elvis and your website need to have a number of things all in full working order. One thing out of place and it’s a whole different story. The legend, the king of rock and roll is never born and your online presence becomes a laughing stock.
All of the elements of your site have to be performing at their best to get the crowds in.
Of course, each website is unique so there’ll be individual elements to think about but we’ve put together a list of what to start with.
- Content – You have to get the right tone of voice so that you speak to people about who you are. Make it easy for them to find the information they need.
- Development – Special effects don’t look so special when they don’t work. Any widgets, call to action buttons, checkouts, rainbows and magical unicorns that guide people around your site need to work properly.
- Design – Get your look right. The fonts, images, colours and overall appearance reflect who you are.
- Social media – Make it easy for people to join in with you. They want regular updates and news and you can show them where to find it.
- Speed – Do you like traffic jams and standing in long arduous queues? Fact, people hate waiting. Make your site quick and efficient and you’ll make people happy.
Be like the King, create something that people want to see.
We’ve been making websites to do just that.